Monday 27 May 2013

Best Bits of the Universe

This week my six year old declared I was the best thing in the whole entire universe (and no he didn’t want anything, he still genuinely thinks I’m awesome).  So take that shooting stars, supernovas and ice-cream – I’m better ’n you. 
 
At times kids can make us feel old, worn-out and incompetent but there are those incredible moments that make every headache, backache and heartache worthwhile. 
 
Some other gems from my kids this week:

‘And if you put poo on it, it will be even stinkier.’

‘Summer is my least favourite [season] because it’s too hot and I can’t smoke.’ (Because cold mornings and condensation are much more fun than warmth.)

‘Mum, do you even know how to use a steering wheel?’ (Lesson: take the correct freeway exit unless you want folk in the back seat to question your driving ability.)

My vote for the best thing in the universe: warm, scrumptious, sleepy-head, just-got-out-of-bed hugs from my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment